Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One of my favorite pastimes lately is visiting condo display suites. These weird fake apartments are like museums of 21st century life curated by aliens. There will be nothing but a six-pack of Red Bull in the fridge, five identical shirts in the walk-in closet, a pair of never-used reading glasses sitting on an obviously never-read book lying open on the night table.



Usually the salesperson will leave you alone to snoop around and take pictures at your leisure. I've often been tempted to steal a Red Bull or a bottle of wine. Or a shirt. I guess the occasional theft must be adequately covered by the $1.5 million price tag (the cost of these 25th-floor suites located across the street from the art gallery downtown. Penthouses: $8 mil).




Here's me in my downtown camouflage.



Does this count as urban exploration?

No comments:

Post a Comment